Monday, December 15, 2014

Cover Compare: World War Z

Taking a break from the YA cover compares to talk zombies. World War Z is an awesome book that I highly recommend. Just don't expect it to be like the movie, which is totally different, but just shares a name. Anyway, on to the covers, because there's a lot!

English version 1
English version 2
English Movie-Tie

English Large Print
English Deluxe Signed Edition
Spanish
Italian
French Version 1
French Collector's Edition
French Version 2

Portuguese
Bulgarian
Swedish
Norwegian
Romanian
Russian Version 1
Russian Version 2
Slovak
Danish
Polish
Thai
Turkish
German
Hebrew

There's a lot! Most of them are fairly text-based, which I like. I'm partial to the English Version 1 because that's the one I have (and got signed by Max Brooks). My other favourite is the Portuguese cover. There are three that stand out as being the worst by far for me. The Russian Version 1 looks soooo cheesy and bad. I would never buy this amazing book based on that cover. I also don't like the Thai cover. The pink is weird and the zombies look like demon monkeys. But the Italian cover. What is going on here?!?! I discussed it with the boyfriend, who is a huge Max Brooks fan, and we determined they look like aliens from a hoax video. Who are holding each other's lobster claws.

What do you think? Which is your favourite? Are you a fan of such text-based covers?

3 comments:

  1. Woha I'm surprised how scary some of them are. I like the second one the best. Also I'm surprised it's not translated into Serbian yet. Maybe it'll be soon. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. High carumba! I'm used to seeing a couple of different covers for a title, but this is insane, I don't even know where to start, or how to pick a favourite. I like the Turkish one, but the Danish version is pretty sick too.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so many covers! I think I like the English movie tie in and the Spanish covers best.

    ReplyDelete