Thursday, January 1, 2015

December Recap

So I got back into blogging in December, although I did take a break over the holidays. I also got a job, which means I am in a better mood all around and have money to buy books if I want! And I had the opportunity to read some favourite authors and enjoyed all the books I read expect for one.

Books Reviewed in October:

How We Fall by Kate Brauning - 2 Hearts
Stitching Snow by R. C. Lewis - 4 Hearts
Waistcoats and Weaponry by Gail Carriger - 4 Hearts
Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier - 5 Hearts
The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black - 5 Hearts

Average Rating = 4 Hearts

Incoming Books:


Lowball edited by George R. R. Martin and Melinda M. Snodgrass 
Heritage of Cyador by L. E. Modesitt Jr. - Thanks to Tor for both of these.


Rules for Riders by Natalie Scott - Thanks to Netgalley and Perfect Bound Marketing
Fairy Tale Reform School: Flunked - Thanks to Netgalley and Sourcebooks


The Blue Diamond by P.S. Bartlett - Won from CBY Book Club
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Steivater - Bought


The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare - Bought on Kindle
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy - Bought on Kindle

So I got a lot of book lately, although this does include the ones I got in both November and December.

Giant TBR Challenge:

Previous TBR Total: 176
Incoming Books: 3
TBR Books Read: 2
Current TBR Total: 177

Oops. I read a few ebooks last month instead of working on my TBR.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job!
    Good month for books! Happy 2015 reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did nicely, especially since you had a break in there as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the job! It's always exciting to have money to buy books. :) And I still need to continue on with the Gail Carriger series!! BOTH of her series, for that matter!

    ReplyDelete